National Disability Insurance Scheme
Smart Talk Therapy for Kids are committed to providing speech pathology and occupational therapy services that are in line with NDIS’ aims to:
- support the independence and social/economic participation of you and your child
- enable you to exercise choice and control in the pursuit of your child’s goals and the planning and delivery of their supports.
Your rights and responsibilities
Smart Talk Therapy for Kids aims to provide an environment where you can:
- inform us of the supports you want, and how you want to receive them
- access supports that promote and respect you and your child’s legal human rights
- make decisions and take control of your supports
- have your right to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision making respected
- communicate openly with us regarding problems, feedback, or issues with appointments.
This option enables you to manage your own funds and pay Smart Talk Therapy for Kids for services directly. Our normal fee structure applies to self-managed participants.
- Third Party Plan Managed
Some families nominate an independent company to manage their funding. Invoices for speech pathology or occupational therapy services are sent to this third-party company and they pay Smart Talk Therapy for Kids. Our normal fee structure applies to third party plan managed participants.
Smart Talk Therapy for Kids are registered for the following groups for NDIS funding:
- Early Childhood Supports: We support all children 0-6 years with developmental delay or disability and their families to achieve better long-term outcomes, regardless of diagnosis. All children and families will be treated as individuals to ensure that they receive the right support to meet their goals and aspirations. The type of supports will be different for every child and their family according to their needs.
- Therapeutic Supports: Therapeutic supports are provided to assist participants aged from 7 years to apply their functional skills to improve participation and independence in daily, practical activities in areas such as language and communication, personal care, mobility and movement, interpersonal interactions and community living.
- Communications & Information Equipment: We provide advice about products to assist with alternate communication or to access written or spoken communication via electronic or other means.
NDIS Sessions Process:
- Prior to your appointment you will need to send us a copy of your NDIS plan.
- The first session with Smart Talk will be aimed at collecting assessment data for ongoing therapy. If your child has recently been assessed (within 3-6 months), the speech pathologist or occupational therapist t can determine if further assessment data needs to be collected.
- The second session will focus solely on goal setting. Your speech pathologist or occupational therapist will work closely with you and your child to develop functional goals in the best interest of the child and your family. During this time, the service agreement will be formulated outlining how many sessions will be required.